fulbright scholarship nepal
The Fulbright Program offers grants to qualified Nepalese graduate students to study at the graduate level in the United States. Nepalese scholars may apply to conduct post-doctoral research at U.S. institutions and are eligible for Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Grants.
The Fulbright Commission funds Nepali students for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program (FFSP) for Master’s level study in the US. Approximately 4000 foreign students from 155 countries worldwide receive Fulbright scholarships each year. The program provides all expenses (including travel) for a Master’s degree program of up to two years at selected US universities, in any field except Medicine and Nursing.
Depending upon budget availability, approximately five candidates will be nominated by the Fulbright Board in Nepal.
General Requirements for the fullbright Scholarship Nepal
All applicants must:
1. Possess Nepali citizenship
2. Have at least three years (for men) or two years (for women) of post-bachelor’s degree, full-time, professional work experience in an area directly relevant to the applicant’s chosen field of study as of the application deadline. This experience must be outlined by the professional recommender, verifying your position(s) and years of employment. Even if you have worked at several organizations, you are eligible to apply as long as your work experience at those organizations adds up to the minimum work-duration requirement
3. Possess either a four-year bachelor’s degree; or, if the bachelor’s degree was of fewer than four years’ duration, then a Master’s degree is also required, such that the total number of years of formal education equals at least 16
4. Students with a three-year bachelor’s degree who have completed only the first year of a two-year Master’s degree program, and Master’s degree students who have cleared all exams but still need to fulfill other university-mandated degree requirements are ineligible to apply. Similarly, students who have two or more two-year/three-year bachelor’s degree but no Master’s degree are ineligible to apply for the Fulbright program
5. Demonstrate in post-intermediate degrees (Bachelors and Master’s) a minimum aggregate mark of:
54% for students in non-technical fields (Humanities and Social Sciences)
62% for students in Science and Technical fields
The minimum requirements for students under the semester system are: 65% in non-technical fields; 75% in technical fields; or a Cumulative GPA of 3.50/4.00 in either field
If the grading systems, fields of study or educational systems for the Bachelor’s and Master’s level are different (percentage and GPA grades, non-technical and science/technical fields, yearly and semester systems, etc.), the applicant needs to meet the minimum score requirements separately, not in the aggregate
Should have sufficient level English proficiency to enable engagement in full-time graduate level study in the U.S.
Only selected applicants will be required to sit for a TOEFL and the GRE, both of which are mandatory for university applications. The test requirements may be waived for those who:
have taken a TOEFL in the past 2 years between May 1, 2020 to May 1, 2022 and GRE in the past 5 years between May 1, 2017 to May 1, 2022
if you have taken an IELTS in the past 2 years between May 1, 2020 to May 1, 2022 you can upload the test score on the application
Selected candidates MUST sit for both TOEFL and GRE tests. Candidates must acquire 100+ in TOEFL iBT
6. Be eligible for a non-immigrant J-1 U.S. visa, and not already in possession or in the process of obtaining a U.S. immigrant visa (“green card”)
7. A competitive applicant should have the commitment to return to Nepal upon completion of the program. Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied in the U.S. See 10
9. All grantees receive an exchange visitor (J-1) visa which requires that the individuals return to Nepal upon completion of their academic project. Grantees are not eligible for an immigrant visa, for permanent residence, or for a non-immigrant visa as a temporary worker (“H” visa) or trainee, or as an intra-company transferee (“L” visa) to re-enter the U.S. until they have accumulated two years’ residence in Nepal after returning from the U.S. on an exchange visitor visa. This does not preclude the individual from going to the U.S. on other visas during the two-year period
10. Applications and materials must be submitted through the online system. No hard copies will be accepted.
Fulbright scholarship Nepal Deadline.
The 2022-2023 #Fulbright U.S. Student Program competition is now open! No matter what interests you, Fulbright is an opportunity to learn about the world, learn about yourself, share your stories, AND have a little fun, too! Learn more at https://us.fulbrightonline.org.“
Frequently Asked questions About fullbright Scholarship Nepal
1. When can I apply for the program?
The competition opens each year in January/February.
2. Can I apply if I am an undergraduate Nepali student in the US?
No. Individuals who have previously resided in the United States for six months or more during the preceding five years prior to the application submission deadline are ineligible to apply
3. Do I need take TOEFL/GRE before applying?
GRE and/or TOEFL scores are not required at the time of application. If you pass the initial screening then you are required to take the GRE and/or TOEFL test, which is offered free of cost by the Commission.
4. Do I need work experience?
Yes. Full time, post-graduation work experience in field of proposed study is required: three years for men, and two years for women.
5. I have four years of undergraduate degree and a master’s degree. Can I apply?
Yes, you are eligible to apply even if you already have a master’s degree.
6. Can I convert my GPA into percentage or my percentage into GPA?
No, you are not allowed to convert your scores percentage into GPA or GPA into percentage.
7. What are the documents that need to be attested?
The transcripts and certificates need to be attested. You do not need to attest your work experience letters.
8. Can I apply again if I was not selected in the previous years?
You are encouraged to re-apply.
Other Articles on Reader;
Scholarship America Application Date, Eligibility Requirements, Scholarship worth and process
How to get Nursing Scholarship Easy and Fast
Masa isreal Scholarship and grants
List of Scholarship without Essay You Should Apply for in 2022
List of fully funded undergraduate scholarships
fulbright scholarship zimbabwe 2023/2024 Application guide
Fulbright scholarship for international students.