The Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa ,PGD, Remedial and IJMB admission for 2022/2023. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the programmes.
At least five (5) credits in the GCE O’Level, SSCE, NECO, or its equivalent in the relevant subjects including Mathematics and English Language. Candidates will be required to sit and obtained 110 score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
IJMB AND REMEDIAL PROGRAMMES
1. IJMB PROGARAMME
The Interim Joint Matriculation Board programme is a One-year Advanced Level programme in the Arts, Social Sciences and Science, which leads successful candidates to secure admission at the 200 level in a University through JAMB Direct Entry procedure. The available subject combinations are:
1. 005 Accounting, Business Management, Economics
2. 007 Accounting, Business Management, Government
3. 008 Accounting, Business Management, Sociology
4. 009 Accounting, Economics, Geography
5. 011 Accounting, Economics, Government
6. 012 Accounting, Economics, Sociology
7. 013 Accounting, Economics, A/L Maths
8. 014 Accounting, Geography, Government
9. 015 Accounting, Geography, Sociology
10. 016 Accounting, Government, A/L Maths
11. 017 Accounting, Government, Sociology
12. 027 Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics
13. 028 Biology, Chemistry, Geography
14. 030 Biology, Chemistry, Physics.
15. 031 Business Management, Economics, A/L Maths
16. 032 Business Management, Economics, Geography
17. 033 Business Management, Economics, Government
18. 034 Business Management, Economics, Sociology
19. 035 Business Management, Geography, A/L Maths
20. 036 Business Management, Geography, Government
21. 037 Business Management, Geography, Sociology
22. 038 Business Management, Government, Sociology
23. 039 Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics
24. 043 Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
25. 049 Economics, Geography, Mathematics
26. 051 Economics, Geography, Sociology
27. 053 Economics, Government, Sociology
28. 060 Geography, Government, Mathematics
29. 061 Geography, Government, Sociology
30. 063 Geography, Physics, Mathematics
31 066 Literature, sociology, IRS
32 045 Literature, Sociology, CRS
Entry requirement: The potential candidates are required to obtain five (5) Credits at not more than TWO SITTINGS in relevant subjects to include both English and Mathematics.
2. REMEDIAL PROGRAMME
The Polytechnic runs a remedial programme for prospective candidates who would like to remedy their O’Level deficiencies.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) PROGRAMMES OFFERED
A. DETAILS OF AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
1. Faculty of Administration
i. Department of Accounting
ii. Department of Banking & Finance
PGD Banking & Finance
iii. Department of Business Administration
PGD Business Administration
2. Faculty of Environmental Science
Department of Geography
i. PGD Environmental Resource Management,
ii. PGD Land Administration, and;
iii. PGD Urban & Regional Planning.
B. ELIGIBILITY FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
i. Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree, Higher
National Diploma (HND) and Advanced Diploma holders with minimum of lower credit or its equivalent
ii. All relevant certificates/results are to be offloaded at the point of filling the application form, including the National Youth Service Corp (DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE OR EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE).
iii. Candidates are expected to submit their duly completed application forms online through the Polytechnic
iv. Transcripts of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Dean, School of Post Graduate Studies. The school will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
v. All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
vi. Applicants for the School of Post Graduate Programmes will be subjected to written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained.
C. Application Fees
Application fees for all Post-Graduate Diploma programmes cost Twenty Thousand Naira (N 20,000.00k) only.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Visit Portal.nsuk.edu.ng to apply for any of the above Programmes.
30th September, 2022